Saturday, August 30, 2008

Friends from Forever ago!

This morning I had brunch with two very old friends - my best friend from fourth grade and her sister, Kate's best friend from first grade!! Heather and Ashley left Marietta the summer before we started fifth grade and moved to Winston-Salem. For several years we kept up with each other through letters, but, of course, that eventually stopped.

As we were driving into Winston last Saturday, I suddenly remembered that the Roses had moved here all those years ago. We found a phonebook, looked up their parents, and found that they still lived about five miles from my apartment! Then, through the fabulous world of Facebook, I found Ashley!! After a few emails back and forth, we decided to meet for brunch this morning and reconnect.

It was so great to see them after TWENTY years! And I got to meet Heather's beautiful baby girl, Livy! We reminisced about old times - Friday night pizza sleepovers, watching Dirty Dancing and thinking Penny was "sick", walking to the neighborhood pool, and our "Best Friend" necklaces (Heather was Be Fri and I was St End)!!! Good times!

I hope I get to see more of them while I'm here in Winston!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How Fun!!!! sounds like you like it there. Post some pics of Winston-Salem....never seen it.
miss ya
love ya
malz

jessica said...

How much fun! It's a very small world:)
Hope you are feeling better up there!

Anonymous said...

MANDY!!!!!!!!!!! I'm checking daily....and no updates.
how's it going?
Mallory

tmiller said...

Sorry, this comment isn't about the move to W-S. I just blog stalked your sister and her blog is hilarious! I'm cracking up over Will's comments!