Sunday, August 24, 2008

A Whirlwind Week

Well, I'm here in Winston-Salem now! This past week has been a complete whirlwind. Mom came to Birmingham last Friday to help me pack up...the movers came on Sunday to move everything to storage...then I worked Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, while being homeless. Fortunately, my fabulous friend, Sally, let me crash at her house (Thanks again, Sally & Leslie!!) while I finished up my last few days at Children's.
After saying goodbye to all my buddies in the Special, I headed over to St. Vincent's for the birth of my cousin's baby girl - Isabella Claire (http://aemcpherson.blogspot.com/2008/08/introducing-my-niece-isabella-claire.html).
After a brief day and a half in Marietta, Mom and I hit the road for Winston. We stopped in Greenville to pick up Jane, and arrived here around 3pm Saturday. My apartment is great - clean, spacious, bright, and HIGH - it's on the third floor! We spent the evening hauling boxes up two flights of stairs, then unpacking and getting settled. Here's the finished product:




ps...that's Mobi's monkey on the floor next to the chair, not something nasty!

2 comments:

jessica said...

It looks like home! Glad you got there safely. Hope you and Mobitz Type II are settling in:)

Anonymous said...

I LOVE your apartment!
I'll miss you while your in NC...glad you started this blog! I'll check it daily.
Have fun...I'm sure it will go by fast
love ya