Monday, August 25, 2008

First Day and Nasty Sick

UGGGHH!! Today was my first day and I went through an entire box of Kleenex, 4 Tylenol Cold & Sinus and a half a bag of Halls! Long, uneventful day filled with tests, reading and PowerPoints. I'm one of three travel nurses who started today, so I spent the day with two other girls. Tomorrow we learn the computer system, I have Wednesday off to recover from this nasty cold, then work on the Unit for 12 hours Thursday and Friday. I'm really looking forward to getting on the Unit and seeing what it's going to be like. But, I don't want to be anywhere near those babies with this junk!
It's 5:30 now...I think I'm going to eat dinner, take a Benadryl, and hit the sack!
More to come later...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hope you feel better Mandy.
Do you like the girls you are working with?
love ya
mal

snt301 said...

I hope you are feeling better today. Enjoy your day off tomorrow and get some rest. I cannot wait to hear about your first day on the unit on Thursday! I miss you!!!

Unknown said...

You officially have a friend in Winston-Salem! So glad you are here!! Can't wait to see you this weekend. Hope your first day goes well with the babies tomorrow!
Love, Heather