Monday, March 23, 2009

SNOW!

So the day after all of my friends in Birmingham, Auburn, Marietta and Winston got their snow, I finally got my snow in DC.  We got about 5 or 6 inches overnight and it was snowing like crazy the next morning.  Everything was beautiful covered in snow!!  But it was the biggest pain in the butt getting to work!  I'm a Georgia-girl and we don't learn how to drive in the snow down there, so there was no way I was going to drive.  The night before, I studied the bus schedule and maps and decided I'd brave it and take the bus.  Well, buses don't run on time in the snow either and, long story short, I waited in blizzard-like conditions (for me, at least) for over an hour, only to have the bus driver drive right past me!!  Needless to say, I was pretty pissed.  I finally wound up getting in to work at 1:15 that afternoon!!

Here are some pics from the 21st floor (the snow came before the move):


No comments: