Friday, January 16, 2009

My newest adventure has begun!!

Last week, I started my new adventure in the Nation's capital - Washington, DC!!  And what a time to start!  Me and millions of other people coming into the city at one time!

Mom rode up here with Mobi and me and helped us get settled in on Sunday.  Then we explored on Monday - White House, Washington Monument, Lincoln Memorial, WWII Memorial, and the Smithsonian National Museum of American History.  
I think our favorite part was the Star Spangled Banner exhibit in the Museum of American History - awesome, literally!  We couldn't talk to each other the entire way through the exhibit because we both had huge lumps in our throats and were afraid we'd cry if we dared talk!  It really made me so proud to be an American and grateful for this beautiful country we live in.  (Sorry for the cheese!)  Oh yeah - and while we were shopping at H&M, the Presidential Motorcade came through!!  We have no idea which President was in there, if any, but it was still pretty cool! 

I started orientation at Children's National on Tuesday and mom left on Wednesday.  Before she left we had dinner with my friends Danielle (from high school) and Joseph (from elementary school) at the Fish Market in Old Town Alexandria.  I'm so glad I have those two friends here!

Here are some shots we took of the sites and of my apartment - on the 21st story!!!






ps....this is the world's worst invention - a washer/dryer combo!  it takes 4 HOURS to do ONE load of laundry and it doesn't even dry the clothes completely!!  AAGGGHHHH!!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mandy! You are so close to Beth and I! Let us know if you want to go to NYC! We both have spare rooms that you can stay in! We both travel alot but we'd love to have you for a par-tay weekend!!!!